Jump to Footer

Returning Student Housing Selection

When students return to campus for the Spring 2019 semester, they will start receiving information on housing selection for the 2019-2020 academic year.  At that time, additional information about the process and how to participate will be posted in this space.

How To Pay a Housing Verification Payment

The Housing Verification Payment is due by March 14, 2018

1. To make the $500 housing verification payment online: Log into Connect2U using your Western New England University user ID and password and click on the "Billing" tab. You will be given the options to either make a payment against your balance or pay a tuition or housing deposit. To make your housing deposit, choose the tuition or housing deposit option. Then pay your deposit with either a credit card* or electronic check. 

NOTE: Not all credit cards are accepted. Please be sure to read the instructions carefully. 

*There is a service fee of 2.9% associated with making online credit card payments.

For more information regarding online payment, click here to visit the Enrollment Services website.

2. Paying by Check: If you would prefer to pay by check, please forward payment to:

Enrollment Services
Western New England University
1215 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01119

Please include your name, student ID number, and specify that it is a housing verification payment. DO NOT SEND CHECKS TO THE OFFICE OF RESIDENCE LIFE. Be sure to allow enough time for the postal service to deliver your payment by the deadline of March 14, 2018. If you would like to contact the University to ensure that your payment has been received, you should feel free to do so. Checks can be made out to Western New England University.

3. Paying with A Credit: If you have credit on your account and would like to use that to pay your housing verification payment, please contact Enrollment Services directly at 413-796-2080. If you have a credit on your account, you must authorize that the credit be utilized for your housing verification payment through Enrollment Services.

If you have concerns about submitting your housing verification payment due to financial hardship, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 413-782-1317 immediately. If you qualify for a reduced payment or a waiver, your accommodation must be arranged and reduced payment submitted (when applicable) by the March 14, 2018 deadline.

What if I'm looking for a group to join, or people to fill my group?

During the housing selection process, the Office of Residence Life provides students with a number of ways to find roommates if you are having trouble finding a group to live with, or filling your group.

The roommate board will be available at the Office of Residence Life. Students can post something on that board indicating what kind of housing they are looking for and/or how many people they are looking for. Posts also include contact information so students can connect with each other and form groups.

We also schedule two meet and greet sessions for people looking for roommates.  Anyone looking for a roommate, or to join a group, or to add people to your group, is strongly encouraged to attend one or both of these sessions.  Meet and greets will take place:

TBD for March 2019

TBD for March 2019

In addition, we encourage you to use your building/area Kodiak classroom to post and see if you can locate other students in your building who also need roommates.

Would you like to see what your housing next year might look like?

Each year, the Office of Residence Life hosts an open house night in the sophomore, junior, and senior areas of housing so that students who have not lived there before can see them and see what their housing for the next year might look like. More information about them will be forthcoming in the residence halls as we get closer to the event.

Gateway Village Map

Click below for information about apartment configurations in Gateway, Evergreen and Southwood.

Apartment Informaton

Applying to Live in LaRiviere Center

LaRiviere Center offers residents one of the most unique opportunities available to them at Western New England University: living and learning in the same building. LaRiviere residents have the opportunity to live with friends as well as educate others on their interests in a productive and collaborative environment. This cooperative experience allows students the ability to develop and flourish as individuals, academic scholars, and student leaders.

To live in the LaRiviere Center, students must apply for inclusion in the LaRiviere Center Program.  Application materials and more information about living in LaRiviere can be found on the LaRiv website at the link below.


Information About Special Housing Accommodations

Western New England University is committed to providing students who have a documented disability or medical condition with a safe environment in which to live and study. It is the responsibility of the student to inform the Office of Student Disability Services of the nature of their disability and desire to receive a special housing accommodation.

If approved, the Office of Student Disability Services will work directly with the Office of Residence Life in an effort to provide a housing accommodation that is appropriate and reasonable. For more information, please contact the Office of Student Disability Services at (413) 782-1258.

Click here for more detailed information about special housing accommodations, or visit Student Disability Services here.

Air Conditioning

When selecting housing, students should be aware that undergraduate housing in Gateway Village is not air conditioned (all other housing areas for 2018-2019 are air conditioned).  If you have a medical condition, or other documented need, which requires you to live in an air conditioned environment, you must provide that documentation to Student Disability Services prior to Housing Selection so that you can be accommodated accordingly.  If students select housing in Gateway Village, and then later request that air conditioning be added to the apartment, we will not be able to honor those requests.

Gender Neutral Housing

Are you interested in living with friends with different gender identities than your own? Gender Neutral Housing may be for you!

Have questions about Gender Neutral Housing?  See our brochure, or attend the Information Session on Friday February 16th at 3PM in Senate Chambers.  If you have additional questions, or can't make the Information Session, just email us at Sean.Burke@wne.edu and we'll be happy to answer all of your questions.

The Gender Neutral Housing application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now available below.  Applications are due March 9th.

Gender Neutral Housing Application

Information for Transgender and Gender Non-Binary Students

We recognize that our online housing program only allows students to identify themselves as either male or female. As we recognize the need to support all forms of gender identity and expression in the residence halls, transgender and gender non-binary students are encouraged to contact Sean Burke at Sean.Burke@wne.edu or by phone at 413-782-1316 so that we can work with you on an individual basis to house you in an environment that supports and reflects your gender identity.

How are Vacant Spaces Handled

After room selection, some students will withdraw from housing or change rooms, which will create vacant spaces in upperclass housing. Over the course of the summer, the Office of Residence Life will fill these vacancies with returning students who have requested room changes, reactivated/readmitted students and new transfer/international students. When a space in your room is filled with a new student, you will be notified via e-mail. 

If a space in your room becomes vacant, and you know someone who would like to move into that space, you may contact the Office of Residence Life via email at Sean.Burke@wne.edu to request that person as a new roommate, and that person must also contact the Office of Residence Life to request a room change to your room. There is no guarantee that we will be able to grant those requests, but if the space is still available at the time when we receive your request, we will certainly consider it. To see if there is a vacancy in your room at any time, you can simply check your THD Self-Service.

If you are withdrawing from housing or if you are moved to a new space because of a room change request, it is your responsibility to notify your former roommates of this change. It would be wise for roommates to stay in touch over the summer and check your THD Self-Service periodically if you are concerned that one or more of your roommates may withdraw from the room.

Vacancies which exist at the beginning of each semester may be filled at any time during the semester, as space is needed. While we will make every effort to inform students when they are getting a new roommate/suitemate, prior notice cannot always be guaranteed.

Please feel free to contact the Office of Residence Life at 413-782-1317 if you have any questions. 

Resident Student Housing Agreement

When you complete your housing application in THD, you will also be agreeing to the Resident Student Housing Agreement. THD will provide you with an opportunity to view the full agreement before you complete your application and will send you a copy of the Agreement, but you can also preview it below.  If you have any questions regarding the housing agreement, please feel free to contact us.

2018-2019 Housing Agreement

Plymouth Complex

The University has decided to use Plymouth Complex for purposes other than student housing for the 2018-2019 academic year.  As such, Plymouth Complex will not be available during room selection.  Additional space will be made available in Commonwealth Hall to accommodate pending sophomores.