CAB T-Shirt Design Contest Rules
Golden Bear Weekend = Homecoming + Family Weekend 2018
This fall, Homecoming Weekend and Family & Friends Weekend will be combined into one large weekend of celebration. This weekend is being called Golden Bear Weekend. In an effort to get the current undergraduate students excited about this weekend, the Campus Activities Board (CAB) is asking for your help. One of the most popular aspects of Homecoming Weekend is the giveaway of a limited edition Homecoming Shirt from CAB. This year, we want YOU to design it.
I have read the OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES for the Campus Activities Board (CAB) T-Shirt Design contest; I agree to all the rules, and regulations of the contest as outlined below:
1. The contest is open to all currently enrolled WNEU undergraduate students in good standing at Western New England University.
2. Current executive team members of the Campus Activities Board are not eligible to participate in the contest.
3. All entries must be original creations of the contestant that incorporate the University's brand (i.e. colors, trademarks, or logos) into the design, the weekend theme/title, has never been previously published, and does not contain profanity, trademarks, logos, or copyrighted works of any other person or business.
4. The winning design will remain the property of Western New England University, and will not be returned to you. WNEU may use the winning design at any time after the contest. The winning designer may display their own design in a portfolio or personal collection, but may not sell or reproduce the design for any other purpose once submitted to the contest.
5. A panel of judges representing Campus Activities Board, Office of Alumni Relations, the Office of Student Activities & Leadership Development, and the Office of Marketing and External Affairs will choose the top submissions. The top submissions will be put to a public vote from April 9 through April 20, 2018.
6. The contest begins on March 1, 2018.
7. The entries must include a completed cover sheet received via email or dropped off at the Office of Student Activities & Leadership Development located on the second floor of the St. Germain Campus Center no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2018.
8. FORM OF ENTRIES:
- The entry should be accompanied by a completed cover sheet.
- The entry may be drawn or printed on 8-1/2” x 11” paper or the entry may be any of the following art file formats if submitted electronically: .AI, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG or .PSD. (Dimensions: 12" x 12")
- The University's brand colors should be incorporated in the design with either the design intended for use on a black, blue, grey, white or a yellow t-shirt.
- Official WNEU athletics logos and marks are prohibited from use in the design.
- Use of the University's institutional logo and Golden Bear are permitted
9. We reserve the right to pick one entry, more than one entry, or no entries as the winning entries.
10. If your entry is selected as the winning entry, the winning contestant who created the winning entry will receive a $250.00 gift card to Amazon and a t-shirt with the winning design.
11. Campus Activities Board reserves the right to terminate this contest at any time, effective on the date of issuing the termination notice, and we are under no obligation to give notice prior to the date of termination.
12. You agree that if you submit an entry, you will sign an assignment and release form prepared by the universityacknowledging your acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules including that the winning design remainsthe property of WNEU for its exclusive use.
Acknowledgement and Assignment
I am submitting an original contest entry with this form, and I hereby assign any and all rights as intellectual property of this entry to Western New England University.
I agree that if I win the contest, I authorize the use, without additional compensation, of my name and likeness or photograph for promotional purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation the Internet, written or email communications, brochures, videos, slides, radio, television, film) that the university deems appropriate.
Only ONE entry per student.
I agree that if I win this contest, the $250.00 gift card to Amazon and a free tshirt with the winning design is fair and adequate compensation for my contest entry.