- Participate in the interactive process with student and SDS to coordinate and implement accommodations
- Make sure that each course, viewed in its entirety, is accessible, e.g., content, texts and materials, assessment method, on-line instruction, time requirements, etc.
- Support and implement reasonable accommodations as identified in a letter from The Office of Student Disability Services (SDS) and presented by the student.
- Consult with SDS if requests conflict with course objectives/requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Submit book lists to bookstore as early as possible
- Include announcement on syllabus directing students to SDS if they have need for an accommodation related to a disability.
- Ensure video materials have sufficient captioning and transcription information. For more information, view our Captioning and Transcription Guidelines.
Please consider applying Universal Design to your course to make your course more accessible to everyone.