Student Rights and Responsibilities
Student rights include:
- Equal access to all University programs, services, facilities, and activities
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations based on documented needs
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning your disability
Student responsibilities include:
- Self-disclosing and directly engaging with Student Disability Services (SDS)
- Providing appropriate documentation in accordance with SDS guidelines
- Specifying and requesting accommodations needed as related to your disability, monitoring effectiveness of accommodations approved, and keeping SDS informed especially when questions or concerns arise.
- Following specific procedures to activate accommodations
- Meeting all University academic and behavioral standards and requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
Once a student has completed the intake process and SDS has discussed and confirmed individualized accommodations based on a student’s documented need, students are responsible for engaging in specific processes and following procedures in order to ensure accommodations are in place.