Western New England University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.). Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of Western New England University. Individuals may also contact:
New England Commission of Higher Education
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100
Burlington, MA 01803-4514
Western New England University is a member of the Association of American Colleges and Universities, the College Entrance Examination Board, the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges, the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, and the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Massachusetts.
- The College of Business is accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Programs leading to B.S. degrees in Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
- The Bachelor of Social Work degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- The School of Law is fully accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
- The University's teacher education programs have been approved by the Massachusetts Board of Education and meet the standards of reciprocity of the Interstate Certification Compact.
- The Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- The Doctor of Occupational Therapy Program (OTD) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) through academic year 2026/2027.
Ranked Among the Best
In its annual America's Best Colleges edition, U.S. News & World Report ranks Western New England University in the top tier of the Regional Universities – North category of colleges and universities offering a full range of undergraduate and master's programs.
RANKED AT THE TOP OF “BEST VALUE” COLLEGES
Western New England University is ranked in the top 3 percent of colleges and universities among the top 1,275 public and private institutions reviewed in the United States by The Economist magazine. The rankings analyzed which institutions offered the “best value” for the education received.
Faculty Focused on You
Our expert faculty takes the time to get to know you and your aspirations. Whether you have questions about classwork, seek assistance securing an internship, want career advice, or just need a friendly ear, you can always count on your professors to guide you along the way.