Western New England University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.). Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of Western New England University. Individuals may also contact:
New England Commission of Higher Education
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100
Burlington, MA 01803-4514
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Commission indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Commission is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to Josephine Rodriguez, Director of Assessment, at email@example.com.
- 2022 WNE NECHE Self-Study
- 2022 NECHE Accreditation Letter
- 2017 WNE Interim Report
- 2017 NEASC Response Letter
NECHE ACCREDITATION LIAISON OFFICER
Josephine S. Rodriguez
Director of Assessment
Office of the Provost
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Massachusetts Department of Education (Mass DOE)