Facts & Stats
Western New England was established in 1919 and became a university in 2011. The main campus has expanded from its original 34 acres to 215 acres, containing 28 major buildings and numerous athletic and recreational fields.
- 2,580 full-time undergraduates
- 119 part-time undergraduates
- 326 law students
- 462 graduate and adult learners
- 243 pharmacy students
- 95 occupational therapy students
TOTAL: 3,825 students from 40 states and territories and 26 foreign countries
- 60.8% of full-time students are men and 39.2% are women
- 48.8% of full-time students are from out of state
- 58.8% of full-time students live on campus (78% of freshmen live on campus)
- More than 223 scholarship programs available to full-time students
- 98% of students receive financial aid through the University
- Average class size: 18 students
- Average high school GPA of entering class: 3.59
- Student/faculty ratio 12:1
- 237 full-time faculty
- 109 adjunct faculty
- 422 full-time staff
- 49 part-time staff
A Vibrant Student Body
Approximately 58.8% of full-time undergraduates live on campus (78% of freshmen) to become invested members of our institution. The University has a growing international enrollment from nearly 30 countries who enrich our living and learning community and serve as global ambassadors of our unique educational experience.
Western New England University has more than 48,000 alumni, of which more than 8,000 are graduates of the School of Law. While our alumni reside in all 50 states and in 48 countries around the world, they maintain strong bonds of affinity to our institution, supporting our Annual Fund, donating their time to mentor current students, or hiring our graduates.
More About Us
Our History Speaks Volumes
Just a century ago, our vision was to offer an educational experience that changed peoples lives and open doors for them to seek greater opportunities. While a lot has changed, our University History reflects how our core values and vision still resonate today.