Springfield Leadership Institute
Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield and Western New England Partnership, Springfield Leadership Institute
The Springfield Leadership Institute (SLI) was established over 50 years ago by the Springfield Chamber of Commerce and in 1982 Western New England University’s College of Business was invited to design and deliver a program to enhance leadership capabilities for mid- and upper-level managers to improve critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Participants should achieve personal growth and the capacity to serve their communities and workplaces more effectively.
Participants of the institute:
- Explore the practices of leaders.
- Identify their own leadership, learning, and problem-solving styles.
- Learn the tools of effective leadership.
- Engage in constructive feedback, role-playing and group exercises.
- Interact with community leaders who serve as role models and inspire participants to join them in serving their communities.