The Center for Health and Wellness is open all year for healthcare. All healthcare visits are by appointment. Please call our office and we will be happy to schedule. If you are unable to come to our office and it is deemed appropriate, we may also assist you by performing a telemedicine visit. For urgent health concerns after hours, a healthcare provider is on-call and can be reached via the on-call phone.
*Please remember to bring your insurance card. We do not charge a co-payment but we do bill insurance.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Western New England University is following the guidance and recommendations from the CDC and Massachusetts DPH. We are monitoring developments closely and are taking the appropriate steps and measures to maximize prevention, minimize risk, and ensure efficient response and outcome. The health and safety of our students, employees, and community is our highest priority.
Information is available at the websites listed below and is being updated frequently.
- The CDC website
- World Health Organization
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- CDC Prevention & Treatment
- Coronavirus vs. the Flu
- Stigma & Coronavirus
What you need to know about handwashing:
The Center for Health and Wellness is structured much as an urgent care center. We are staffed by board certified nurse practitioners and physician assistants. We deliver healthcare to all registered students in Western New England University and employees. We pride ourselves on the efficient, comprehensive, confidential healthcare we provide and the respect we assign our patients.
- Urgent Care
- Physical Exams
- Telemedicine (when appropriate)
- Employee Health
- Mental Health
- Women's Health
- Pap, STD testing, birth control, Plan B for purchase, condoms free of charge.
- Rapid strep, mono, pregnancy, flu, COVID-19 testing, urine testing
- Small surgical procedures; suturing, incision and drainage, toenail removal, etc.
- EKG and Diagnostic testing, labwork
- Health Education
- Specialty Referrals
Need Your Prescription Brought to Campus?
Big Y Pharmacy located on 300 Cooley Street, Springfield, MA 01128 delivers to the Center for Health and Wellness Monday-Friday.
To set up an account with Big Y Pharmacy for delivery:
- Call the pharmacy (413-783-0105) and provide the following information:
- Patient Information: Name, date of birth, home address, cell number, any allergies.
- Insurance Information: BIN#, PCN#, ID#, RX Group#
- Transfer from another pharmacy: Pharmacy name, Pharmacy phone number, RX#, Drug name
- To Bill a credit card: Card #, Expiration date
After your initial set-up, you are responsible for calling the pharmacy directly for prescribed refills. Any prescriptions ordered after 11:00 a.m. will be delivered on the following day.
Pick-up of medications in the Center for Health and Wellness is between 2:00 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.