Financial Aid Timeline & Checklist
File FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Use Western New England University school code: 002226. Please make sure to use the IRS Data Retrieval process when completing the FAFSA. If unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, see the IRS Data Retrieval and Tax Return Transcript link for instructions.
- Make sure that your Western New England email account is activated
- Make sure that any non-federal loans and external scholarships are in place. Visit our Enrollment Services site to find information regarding Payment Plans and Alternative Financing
- If a parent chooses to use the federal Parent PLUS loan for additional financing, visit www.studentaid.gov to complete the application and simultaneously sign the promissory note
- Complete your Federal Direct Loan Promissory Note at www.studentaid.gov
- Complete your Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling at www.studentaid.gov
If you were awarded federal work-study money and need a job, attend the on-campus job fair, or visit Human Resources.