Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Western New England University provides a solid theoretical background combined with an extensive hands-on education through design projects in our modern, well-equipped labs. You'll receive support and mentorship from the department faculty regardless of your career and academic goals.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering oversees:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Five-year Bachelor/MS in Mechanical Engineering
Students may also pursue the Six-year Engineering/Law program.
Vision and Mission
Mechanical Engineering Vision
The philosophies brought forward in the vision of the University and the College of Engineering are incorporated in the Mechanical Engineering vision statement. This vision was created jointly with the Mechanical Engineering Industrial Advisory Council. The vision statement reads:
The vision of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to be regionally, nationally and internationally recognized in providing mechanical engineering education, leading to well qualified engineers who are innovative, immediate contributors to their profession and successful in advanced studies.
The mission of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to educate, prepare, inspire, and mentor students to excel as professionals and to grow throughout their careers in the art, science, and responsibilities of engineering. This is accomplished by:
• Providing the facilities and environment conducive to a high quality education, well grounding the students in the fundamental principles of engineering and preparing them for diverse careers;
• Engaging in academic and scholarly activities, which strengthen the major’s regional, national, and international reputation.
Program leading to BS in Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.