- The Law Review prefers submissions to be double spaced with consecutively numbered footnotes.
- Style and grammar should correspond to The Chicago Manual of Style (16th ed. 2010). Footnotes should comply with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015).
- Paper manuscripts regretfully cannot be returned unless accompanied by a postage paid return envelope.
- All submissions should include complete contact information including the author’s full name, mailing address, daytime telephone number and e-mail address. A resume or curriculum vitae is preferred.
Mail hard copy manuscripts to:Western New England Law ReviewAttn: Articles EditorWestern New England University 1215 Wilbraham RoadSpringfield, MA 01119
Please include a telephone number or email address for confirmation of receipt.
Manuscripts in Microsoft Word format may be submitted as an e-mail attachment to the Articles Editor.
Western New England Law Review also participates in the Expresso online submission service from Berkeley Electronic Press.
OUR EDITORIAL PHILOSOPHY
- Western New England Law Review editors subscribe to the principle of editorial deference. The Law Review strives for a technically perfect published piece; however, on substantive and stylistic matters, we provide authors only with suggested edits, not editorial edicts. The author always has the final word as to the content of the published article.
- The Law Review also believes that open communication with the author is a key ingredient to a successful publication. To that end, the Law Review strives to keep the author informed throughout the editing process and to give the author adequate notice of needed edits or reviews. Questions about submissions should be directed to the Articles Editor or 413-782-1463.