Come to the Source
From upcoming events to new resources, get the latest Library news and information.
Publishers Providing Access
Carolina Academic Press
1) Students have to create a VitalSource BookShelf account using your Western New England email address to login. Here are instructions on creating a Bookshelf account for both students and instructors.
2) Once logged into VitalSource, use the "Explore" tab in the upper left corner of the screen to find the needed textbook.
3) If you can't find the needed CAP textbook there, contact Artie Berns and he will contact the publisher on your behalf.
You can view the VitalSource FAQ here.
Lexis is providing ebook access for students who can meet certain conditions.
1) Students must provide proof of purchase (for instance: amazon, campus bookstore, etc.), or proof of subscription direct from Lexis.
2) Students must provide a WNE email (with wne.edu domain).
3) Students must provide proof that the book is required for course.
If you meet these conditions, call (800) 833-9844 to apply. Access for each Lexis title is based on an approval process. Some titles may be unavailable.
West Academic / Foundation Press
Rules for Law Students
Thomson Reuters’s Products:
You can use Thomson Reuters products, including Westlaw, Practical Law, and the Practice Ready solutions, over the summer for non-commercial research. You cannot use them in situations where you are billing a client.
You have free unlimited use of your law school Lexis Advance ID this summer. Just sign in as usual and start researching. Continued access includes Lexis Advance, Lexis Practice Advisor, and other tools. If you are using your Lexis account for a commercial purpose, a firm may bill for your time but may not charge clients for the cost of Lexis Advance.
Bloomberg Law academic accounts can be used by returning law students for any purpose.
What did the databases do for you?
All 2020 graduates can continue using their student accounts until December 31, 2020.
Graduates who have accepted positions with 501(c)(3) non-profit employers may qualify for 12 months of free Lexis Advance access through the ASPIRE program. Certain conditions apply. The application is available here.
You can use Thomson Reuters products, including Westlaw, Practical Law, and others, for 18-months after graduation. Your “Grad Elite” access gives you 60-hours of usage per month, with no restrictions against using them for professional purposes. Graduating students should begin seeing a message that prompts them to join Grad Elite in the near future.
Bloomberg Law can continue using their student accounts for six months after graduation.
How to obtain services
In accordance with Governor Baker’s order, the Law Library first floor area will be unstaffed beginning at noon on Tuesday, March 24, with a planned reopening on May 4.
If you need assistance or have questions about Library materials/services/research etc., please contact Pat Newcombe at 413-782-1616, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be triaging our Library staff to help to assist you.
The Law School building will remain open via student swipe card access from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. on a daily basis. Please continue to follow the policy of no group gatherings. The building remains a place for you to access the Internet for your courses.
All law students have 24/7 access to the D’Amour Computer Lab (G26) in the basement of D’Amour Library, which can be accessed at the ground level on the back side of the D’Amour Library building. Computer and printer access is available here. Your ID swipe card will allow entry to the Computer Lab, along with access to printing.
Thank you for your understanding.
Attend Workshops: Get Stuff
The big winners for the It Pays to Learn Contest are:
- $20 bookstore giftcard: Bonnie Mannix
- $10 bookstore giftcard: Patrick Gaynor
Congratulations Bonnie & Patrick