Come to the Source
From upcoming events to new resources, get the latest Library news and information.
Need to Know Info for Summer Associates
For both Lexis Advance and Westlaw, you do not need to do anything special for continued access to these databases over the summer.
You have free unlimited use of Lexis Advance over the summer. If you are working at a firm, you may be required to use a different ID when researching for a client. Be sure to check with your employer.
You can use Westlaw over the summer for non-commercial research. However, you cannot use it in situations where you are billing a client.
Questions? Either stop by the Circulation Desk or call us at 413-782-1457.
Lexis Advance graduate access:
- Includes automatic unlimited access to Lexis Advance for six months after graduation.
- Includes choice of extended access to Law360, Lexis Practice Advisor, Lexis for Microsoft Office, or one of several select ebooks.
- Same access as above extended to 12 months for those working for non-profit organizations.
- Requires confirmation of non-profit employment.
- To apply, follow this link: http://www.lexisnexis.com/grad-access/
Westlaw’s Grad Elite:
- Includes 60 Hours of access each month for 18 months after graduation.
- Graduating students should see a message about opting-in to Grad Elite when they log into Westlaw. Alternatively, you may opt-in by taking these steps:
- Follow this link: https://lawschool.westlaw.com/Marketing/Display/PR/2
- Click on the word “HERE.”
- Update your contact information and click “Update.”
- On the next page click “Agree.”
Questions? Stop by the Circulation Desk or call us at 413-782-1457.