MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences Admissions
New—Accepting Applications for Fall 2021—Deadline: Rolling
Earning a Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS) from the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Western New England University can open career paths in education or the pharmaceutical industry or give you a credential to stand apart when applying to medical schools or physician assistant programs. As a scientist or professional in these fields, you can be a part of the exciting breakthroughs in therapeutics, new production methodologies, and discoveries in related fields that are saving and changing lives.
Customize Your Curriculum
This interest-based MSPS program lets you customize your studies through electives and selection of a thesis advisor. In this 5-semester, 45-credit program, you will work alongside our expert faculty scientists, including Dean John Pezzuto, recently named by Stanford University as one of the top 2% of scientists in the world in medicinal and biomolecular chemistry.
A Personal and Collegiate Learning Experience
Small cohorts and class/lab sizes, accessible faculty, and outstanding support are integral to the WNE learning experience. The MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences will enroll a maximum of 30 students for each incoming class. The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is renowned for its nurturing environment, civility and strong sense of community, and high pass rates on licensure exams among its doctoral programs.
Apply today via PharmGrad.org.
Applications to the MSPS program must be submitted via PharmGrad.org.
Application deadline for fall, 2021: Rolling
Admissions Application Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree: A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent degree from a foreign country.
- Minimum GPA: An undergraduate GPA of 2.70 is preferred. Candidates with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Transcripts: Transcripts from all colleges attended must be submitted to PharmGrad. Students already enrolled at WNE must request their WNE transcript be submitted to PharmGrad to complete their application.
- Recommendations: A minimum of two evaluator names must be submitted within your PharmGrad application; one recommendation must be from a professor.
- Essay question: How would obtaining a MSPS degree from WNE help you obtain your career goals?
- A current résumé or CV must be uploaded to the Documents section within PharmGrad.
- Qualified candidates may be invited to participate in an interview and complete a writing sample.
- PharmD applicants can use any of the following standardized tests to meet our English language requirement:
- TOEFL - 79 IBT
- IELTS - 6.5
- PTE Academic - 58
- STEP Eiken - 2A
- iTEP - 4
- Duolingo - 110 DET
- List of countries in which English language testing would be waived because it is the primary language:
- Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom