Admissions Requirements and Deadlines
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) is required for admission. Candidates with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The GRE is not required for admission, however, GRE scores for testing within the last five years will be considered if submitted.
- A cumulative pre-requisite GPA of 3.0, for courses completed within 5 years of applying, with no grade below a "C" is required for the following prerequisite courses (24-25 credits):
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Physics or Kinesiology (3 or 4 credits)
- Sociology, Social Psychology, or Anthropology (3 credits)
- Development Psychology or Lifespan Development (3 credits)
- Abnormal Psychology (3 credits)
- Medical Terminology (1 credit)*
- Complete at least 14 hours observing at least two registered occupational therapists in at least two different clinical settings. Candidates must complete our observation form and have it signed by the occupational therapists observed. Download a copy of the form here.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals with whom you have a professional or academic history. These letters CANNOT be from occupational therapists that you observed to document your 14 hours of clinical observation.
- Composite TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based) for non-native English speakers
- Submit the standard OTCAS personal statement which should address why you selected OT as a career and how an Occupational Therapy degree relates to your immediate and long term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational and professional background will help you to achieve your goals.
- Answer the following WNE program specific questions:
- Given the current healthcare environment, where do you see yourself working in 5 years?
- Describe an experience in your life where you assumed a leadership role. What qualities did you bring to that role and what positive outcomes resulted from that experience?
- Candidates who need to satisfy the Medical Terminology prerequisite have the option to complete this requirement online through Caduceus International Publishing. The cost of the course starts at $129.95. For additional details and to register, visit: https://wne.cipcourses.com.
Candidates seeking early admission should submit their complete application via OTCAS by December 1. After December 1, we will continue to accept applications for admission on a rolling basis. We expect to enroll our incoming class by April, 2019. However, we will continue to review applications beyond that date if necessary to enroll the most highly qualified students possible.