Jump to Footer

Forms, Policies, and Procedures


The University's MA state tax exempt form, or ST-2, is needed to be provided to a vendor when a University employee is making a purchase on behalf of the University, and this allows the purchase to be exempt from state sales tax.

Cash Advance Form and Policy Info

Cash Advances are essentially loans available to faculty and staff for University-related travel or purchasing. Please be sure to use the Request for Advance form, completed fully with proper approvals, submitted to Procurement Services prior to the end of the day on the Monday of the week that the check is required.

Per policy, the Cash Advance needs to be printed on blue paper, or copies are available at any time in the Procurement Services office.

A Cash Advance should be cleared within 15 days of the completion of the travel, or the purchase, and can be done so by submitting a TME Form complete with invoices/receipts for all transactions.

If the expense is less than the amount taken with the Advance, all excess cash must be submitted along with the TME Form.

If the expense is more than the Advance, the difference will be paid to the traveler/borrower by means of a check processed in the weekly Check Run.

Please refer to the Cash Advance policy for all other instructions and limitations.

Cash Advance Form & Policy

Check Request Form and Policy

Check Request forms are used to request issuance of a payment when no invoice is available. Please note that if an invoice is available, a Check Request is not required. An example of a situation when a Check Request might be required is in the event of payment for a service, as a referee used by Athletics, or payment for a performer.

A Check Request should also be used for reimbursement of goods purchased on behalf of the University using personal funds, and for which reimbursement has been agreed upon. For all travel, meal, or entertainment-related expenses please submit those reimbursement requests on a TME Form. An example of this type of purchase could be when supplies are required for an event, and a University employee or student purchases those supplies using their own personal method of payment.

Please be sure to always print out the Check Request form on yellow paper, per University policy, and they are also available in the Procurement Services office.

Check Request Form & Policy

Gift Card Policy


                                                          WESTERN NEW ENGLAND UNIVERSITY

                                                                             GIFT CARD POLICY


Western New England University’s policy regarding the purchasing of gift cards using University funds is as follows:

  • Gift cards may never be purchased using the campus credit cards (aka ProCards), under any circumstances.
  • Gift cards my never be purchased for current University employees, under any circumstances.
  • Gift cards may be purchased for a guest, visitor, donor, volunteer, award winner, etc., in appropriate situations and circumstances, using one of the following methods:
    • Purchased using a personal method of payment: reimbursement will be issued after the transaction is completed and a completed TME or Check Request form (depending on the specifics of the situations) is turned in. All receipts must be attached, a valid and appropriate GL account number used, and appropriate departmental approval (signature) given.
    • Cash Advance: a student or employee can request a Cash Advance in order to have the funds to purchase the gift cards. This form must be filled out completely and authorized appropriately. After the purchase is made, the Advance will need to be “cleared” using a TME with all receipts and appropriate approvals provided.
    • Check Requests: a Check Request, requesting payment to a specific vendor or organization, can be used to purchase gift cards in very limited circumstances. Please contact Procurement Services for more details on this option.
  • With all options above, the names of all recipients of the gift cards must be provided, and all receiving the card(s) must sign for the card(s), acknowledging the receipt of it/them.
  • If the cards are being given as compensation for an anonymous survey or program, please contact Procurement Services in regards to the limited availability of recipients to sign or provide their names.
  • Standard reimbursement policies apply:
    • All reimbursements must be turned in within one month of purchase.
    • Any reimbursement over 60 days old requires the explicit approval of a department manager for funds to be issued, and will be sent to Payroll to be taxed.
    • No tax is ever to be paid, and will not be reimbursed.
    • Please refer to the TME Form & Policy for all other restrictions and requirements.
  • All forms mentioned above are available on the Procurement Services page of the University website.

Hotel Reservation Requests


  • Accommodations are for any guest coming to Western New England University on University business, or as a guest of the University only.
  • The department responsible for the guest, or acting as hosts of the guest, should first contact the President's Office (x1243) in regards to utilizing the University's guesthouse.
  • In the event that use of the guesthouse is not feasible, and hotel accommodations have been recommended and authorized by a department head, chair, or manager, hotel reservations can be made.
  • All reservation requests should come through the Director of Administrative Services x1538.  If unavailable contact, Director of Accounts Payable x1236.
  • At no time should a guest or department contact a hotel themselves to make reservations since the special discounted rates offered to Western New England University are not published or on contract, therefore need to be made through specific contacts at the various hotels. This also ensures direct-billing to the University, and not to the guest directly.
  • The following information should be provided to Procurement Services via the campus Reservation Request Form:
    • Name of guest(s)
    • Date of arrival
    • # of nights of stay
    • Room preference (smoking/non, king or double beds; although most of the larger hotel chains are no longer offering smoking rooms)
    • What charges, if any, Western New England University is covering
    • The name of the department or University employee requesting the reservation
  • Email the form to Procurement@wne.edu or emailed and directly to the Director of Administrative Services (arlene.rock@wne.edu).
  • When the reservations are completed, Procurement Services will contact the requesting department on campus with reservation confirmation numbers and any other relative information.
  • The requesting department is required at that point to create a Purchase Order for the reservation with all provided information, as well as an authorizing signature(s) and appropriate account(s) for charges.
  • When the invoice is received after the stay it will be sent to the requesting department and should be processed in accordance with standard invoice processing procedures.
Reservation Request Form

International Travel Form and Policy

Whenever international travel is required on behalf of the University, please refer to the International Travel Policy and fill out the accompanying form completely before travel. This is very important, and involves insurance coverage and other considerations.

Int'l Travel Form & Policy

Missing Documentation Form

Per University policy, all transactions and expenditures need documentation for payment or reimbursement. Meals at sit-down restaurants actually need two pieces of backup: the itemized slip as well as the credit card receipt. In situations where a receipt or invoice cannot be attained, we have allowed for missing documents for transactions of under $25 to be replaced by the Missing Documentation Form.

This form needs to be filled out completely and submitted along with the payment or reimbursement request (TME form).

This form is also accepted to take the place of a second meal receipt, even over $25, provided that the other receipt is supplied.

Missing Doc Form & Policy

Moving Reimbursement Form

This normally pertains only to Faculty and Administrative Staff, but the University will often include moving expense reimbursement included in hiring contracts. Please refer to the Moving Reimbursement Policy below for specifics and guidelines, and the attached form will need to be completed and submitted, complete with appropriate approval signatures, backup, and all required documentation.

Reimbursement Form

Moving Reimbursement Policy

Please refer to the attached Moving Reimbursement Policy for all guidelines, procedures, and policies governing the submission of moving expenses for reimbursement.

Reimbursement Policy

Petty Cash Form & Policy

Any time that a student or employee of the University needs to be reimbursed for an approved purchase of goods only, and that purchase is under $50, a Petty Cash Reimbursement form can be used. The attached document contains two of the Petty Cash forms, actually, so please submit only one form (half the page) for Petty Cash requests.

Petty Cash Form & Policy

ProCard User Guide

The University has a campus credit card program administered through Bank of America.

ProCard User Guide

Student Advance Form & Policy

In cases when a Cash Advance is required for a student only, there is a special Student Advance form (attached) that is to be used. Unlike the Advance form that it is used by faculty and staff, the Student Advance form can be printed out on white paper. Please refer to the Student Advance Policy that's located below in regards to guidelines for completing and submitting the form, and when it's use is appropriate.

Student Advance Form

TME (Travel Reimbursement) Policy and Form

Travel, Meals & Entertainment Expense Reimbursement Policy

Please use this form to calculate expenses. 

TME Form & Policy

Travel Policy

Please refer to the attached University Travel Policy prior to arranging any travel, as there are very specific protocols to follow.

Travel Policy