6th Annual Product Innovations Showcase
December 9, 2020 from 4:30pm to 6:00pm, online
Welcome to the Product Innovation Showcase, which is the culmination of a combined business and engineering fall semester course that focuses on product innovation development. Each year, 15-25 teams, composed of business and engineering students, take an idea to a limited-functional prototype in 15 weeks.
This year Showcase feature 18 innovations covering 4 categories – Cool Gadgets, Home & Health, Safety & Industrial, and Sports & Recreation as noted below:
- Eco-Bat is a modular, eco-friendly charging device that allows your phone or other mobile device to stay charged wherever you are in the world using renewable energy source.
- Adjust-a-Seat is a motorcycle seat that allows the rider to manually raise or lower their bike seat as well as move it forward or backwards along rails. The attachment fits within the bike frame and attaches universally to any seat.
- Swimming Sherman is an automated cleaning machine that efficiently cleans the top of a pool cover of debris and water; ridding people of the physically demanding and annoying process of cleaning a pool cover.
- Solar Panel Snowplow is a device used to increase solar power generation in the winter by removing accumulated snow from the panels with an automated wiper.
HOME & HEALTH
- DNS is a universal sensor that can be applied to any type of door that alerts the homeowner when a door is opened after a certain period of time.
- Kitty Jar is an efficient and safe way to manage your cat's litter while eliminating the smell.
- Smart Sear is an innovative cookware that can be attached to any pot or pan in order to tell the temperature of the pan.
- Sponge Squeezer is a device that uses squeezing technology with UV lights to sanitize sponges.
- EZ Stride is a self-tightening sneaker that helps adults 65 years old and up with limited mobility increase independence, confidence, and self-sufficiency when dressing oneself.
SAFETY & INDUSTRIAL
- Eco-Pallet is a new reusable alternative to industrial plastic wrap with hopes to reduce the amount of plastic waste in manufacturing plants.
- Soter is a safety product duo that protects and alerts users in times of danger or fear.
- UVB (Ultra Violet Braille) is a technology that cleans the braille on public signage. The sign is activated on a motion censored delayed timer to sanitize the sign after it’s been touched.
- Make-U-Wake is a device used to keep truck drivers awake while behind the wheel. By increasing alertness to the drivers and preventing sleep related accidents, Make-U-Wake creates a safer driving experience.
- G-Lock fastens to the Picatinny rail with the bolt lock sitting in and blocking the chamber of the rifle, using a combination lock to disengage the locking arm and requires a certain amount of force to extract the locking bolt.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Concussion Alert detects forces that cause a concussion. Our headband utilizes a glow stick that when broken by a force, provides a visual notification to coaches, parents, players, and trainers.
- Life Buddy is a next generation smart life jacket that will sense when the user is unable to save themselves and inflate bringing them to the surface.
- UV Clean is a sports ball cleaner that can be used from elementary to college level athletes by utilizing UV light and a rotating turntable.
- H2Know helps users track their daily water intake and reach their daily goal based on their age, size, and activity level.